Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shattered
















Pieces of me scattered here and there
The little girl cries for the life that once was.
Torn and riddled by the pain of my sin
The woman cries for the life that now is.

Is there hope in the rays that fall on each piece?
Will the little girl find what she sought for so long?
Is there peace in the grace that extends from above?
Will the woman find what she searches for now?

Are you there, God in the broken pieces?
Can you kiss the hurt and hear my cry?
Will you meet me in the depths of my heart?
And heal me from my silent pain?

I need You now to hear my cries
From the depths of a childlike heart
I need You now to feel my hurt
As my heart is torn a part.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I just read this tonight. Its beautiful. Receive all the grace He has to give you. And be sure you aren't taking too much of the blame.
B