Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

Okay, so it is 2009 and I am nearly 14 days into and no blog entries. It is not that I have had nothing to write - it is because I have not had a computer (personal) to do my blogging on.

What happened? Well, right before Christmas I committed the cardinal sin and had a drink close to my laptop. And as you can imagine the worst thing happened. The chair bumped the laptop which bumped the glass which proceeded to spill on the keyboard. Suddenly I heard the snap of electricity and water colliding. For those of you who have never heard it - it is one of those sounds that makes you get a bit sick inside. Sizzle, crack and pop and suddenly no picture, no computer and therefore, no blog.....

But just like MacArthur - "I have returned!" Hopefully, this year will be better than last with my writing and sharing with you what God has done in my life. 2008 certainly was a year of great growth. Some of it came through pain and some came through the lessons learned from others. But, all of it was good. All of it was from the hand of God to teach me and draw me nearer to Him. I am so blessed!!!

I decided to pick a verse for 2009 to pursue and to challenge my walk. It is probably a familiar one to many of you.

Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

A heart of wisdom. And that all starts with the fear of the Lord. I walk in humble fear of the Father. I know that He has great plans for me in this year and that it will require perseverance and diligence. I pray that in the months to come that you will follow along in my journey and I commit to you that I will be as genuine as I can be to express His heart through my words.

To those who have been wondering where in the world is Carol - well now you know.

Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Stonefox said...

Carol, it's good to have you back! Sorry about the computer incident. With the way I always have a cup around, this is bound to happen to me. Yikes!

Rebecca Grace said...

HEY LADY!!
I MISS YOUR FACE!
YES, lets go up to the cabin. (I'm guessing the snakes are away for the season.)
Love you bunches.
B