Thursday, April 09, 2020

A Very Different Spring





Now and again I like to write poetry.  Not that I consider myself very good at it.  But, today I felt like jotting down a few lines. 

Quietly I see Spring arrive
     Not like any I have seen before.
Oh the flowers and trees are the same
     But sadly I long for more.

I long to see children headed off to school
     And baseballs flying through the air.
I long to see people's faces unmasked
     With hugs and handshakes given without care.

I long to spend time with my family and friends
     In times of laughter and good cheer.
I long to pause in conversation and reflect
     About a time when there was little to fear.

I long to celebrate Easter in church
      With loud hosannas ringing in my ear.
I long to corporately worship
      To bring honor to my Savior dear.

Quietly I see Spring arrive
       Not like any I have seen before.
My heart will never quite be the same
       But perhaps God gave me more

More time to reflect, more time to pray,
       More time to cherish what He gives today.
More time to sing, More time to play,
       More time to live, More time to enjoy each day.














No comments: