Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Pretty Precious Person


Based on the fact that Mother's Day is just around the corner I thought that I would put a poem out that I wrote for my Mom about 5 years ago. This was before my Dad passed away. Mom has weathered a lot over the years and still continues to be the glue that holds the Weimer kids together. I thank God for her faithfulness to Him, to our Dad and to we kids. We have been blessed! I love you dearly, Mom!

A Tribute to My Mom
Mother’s Day 5/11/2003


Can you picture her there?
Can you see where she is?
Can you remember her touch?
Can you feel the love that she gives?

At home in the valley
At the place where she’s been
Our mother, our confidant
Our encourager, our friend.

She has had to be strong
When the times grew tough.
She always found a way to share
Even when there wasn’t enough.

In my mind I can see her
All the memories we’ve made.
In my heart I can feel her
And the patterns she’s laid.

She brought us to life
And nurtured us so.
Her prayers and her love
With each of us go.

A woman of strength, a woman of faith
A woman I cherish now and always.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Sweetie!
Looking forward to this weekend.
I didn't know you were a poet! :-)
B